ABOUT CREDIT CARD PURCHASE
Local Info uses secure credit card verification that is totally safe and prevents credit card fraud. You make your purchase directly from the Credit Card Gateway through a secure link that’s encrypted for additional safety.
You can also use online funds transfer to pay through your bank account.
In using the Local Info shopping service, you (The User) are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions listed below. Local Info reserves the right to add, delete, alter, or modify these terms and conditions at any time. The User is therefore advised to read carefully these terms and conditions each time he or she uses the shopping service(s) of Local Info.
All products/services and information displayed on Local Info Shopping constitute an “invitation to offer”. Your order for purchase constitutes your “offer” which shall be subject to the terms and conditions as listed below. Local Info reserves the right to accept or reject your offer. The agreement between you and the Local Info shall be subject to the following terms and conditions:-
- The User certifies that he/she is at least 18 (eighteen) years of age or has the consent of a parent or legal guardian to make a transaction on this website.
- These terms and conditions supersede all previous representations, understandings, or agreements and shall prevail notwithstanding any variance with any other terms of any order submitted. By using the Shopping services of Local Info User agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- All prices, unless indicated otherwise are in South African Rand.
- All prices and availability of products are subject to change without prior notice.
- On a credit card transaction, you must pay using your own credit card. Local Info shall not be liable for any credit card fraud.
- Links provided on Local Info to sites outside Local Info are not under our control and Local Info does not assume any responsibility or liability for the content available at such linked Websites. Unless indicated otherwise, Local Info does not intend any links to be referrals or endorsements of the linked entities, and the links are provided for convenience only.
- Local Info reserves the right to add, delete or modify the content, information, and other services of Local Info Shopping in any way whatsoever and at any time. Local Info reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate this Service.
- The User shall use the services provided by Local Info Shopping, its affiliates, consultants, and contracted companies, for lawful purposes only.
- The User agrees to provide authentic and true information. Local Info reserves the right to confirm and validate the information and other details provided by the User at any point in time. If upon confirmation such User details are found not to be true (wholly or partly), Local Info has the right in its sole discretion to reject the registration and debar the User from using the Services of Local Info Shopping, Local Info, and other affiliated websites.
- Local Info will not be responsible for any damage suffered by subscribers from the use of the services on this site. This includes lost revenue or loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, missed deliveries, or service interruptions caused by its own negligence or subscriber’s errors or omissions, or due to inadvertent release or disclosure of information sent by subscriber. This disclaimer of liability also applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behaviour, negligence, or under any other cause of action.
- Unless otherwise stated, copyright and all intellectual property rights in all material presented on Local Info Shopping (including but not limited to text, photographs, audio, video, or graphical images), trademarks, and logos appearing on Local Info Shopping is the property of Local Info, its parent, affiliates, and associates and are protected under applicable South African laws. Any infringement shall be vigorously defended and pursued to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa. The Courts at Johannesburg shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any proceedings arising out of this agreement.
How we gather information from users
How we collect and store information depends on the page you are visiting, the activities in which you elect to participate, and the services provided. For example, you may be asked to provide information when you register for access to certain portions of our site or request certain features, such as newsletters, or when you make a purchase. You may provide information when you participate in sweepstakes and contests, message boards and chat rooms, and other interactive areas of our site. Like most Web sites, Local Info.co.za also collects information automatically and through the use of electronic tools that may be transparent to our visitors. For example, we may log the name of your Internet Service Provider or use cookie technology to recognize you and hold information from your visit. Among other things, the cookie may store your user name and password, sparing you from having to re-enter that information each time you visit or may control the number of times you encounter a particular advertisement while visiting our site. As we adopt additional technology, we may also gather information through other means. In certain cases, you can choose not to provide us with information, for example by setting your browser to refuse to accept cookies, but if you do you may be unable to access certain portions of the site or may be asked to re-enter your user name and password, and we may not be able to customize the site’s features according to your preferences.
What we do with the information we collect
Like other Web publishers, we collect information to enhance your visit and deliver more individualized content and advertising. We respect your privacy and do not share your information with anyone.
Aggregated Information (information that does not personally identify you) may be used in many ways. For example, we may combine information about your usage patterns with similar information obtained from other users to help enhance our site and services (e.g., to learn which pages are visited most or what features are most attractive). Aggregated Information may occasionally be shared with our advertisers and business partners. Again, this information does not include any Personally Identifiable Information about you or allow anyone to identify you individually.
Personally, Identifiable Information collected by Local Info.co.za may also be used for other purposes, including but not limited to site administration, troubleshooting, processing of e-commerce transactions, administration of sweepstakes and contests, and other communications with you. Certain third parties who provide technical support for the operation of our site (our Web hosting service for example) may access such information. We will use your information only as permitted by law. In addition, from time to time as we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge, or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets. We may also disclose your information in response to a court order, at other times when we believe we are reasonably required to do so by law, in connection with the collection of amounts you may owe to us, and/or to law enforcement authorities whenever we deem it appropriate or necessary. Please note we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
Affiliated sites, linked sites, and advertisements
Local Info.co.za expects its partners, advertisers, and affiliates to respect the privacy of our users. Be aware, however, that third parties, including our partners, advertisers, affiliates, and other content providers accessible through our site, may have their own privacy and data collection policies and practices. For example, during your visit to our site you may link to, or view as part of a frame on a Local Info.co.za page, certain content that is actually created or hosted by a third party. Also, through Local Info.co.za you may be introduced to, or be able to access, information, Web sites, features, contests, or sweepstakes offered by other parties. Local Info.co.za is not responsible for the actions or policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those third parties when providing information on a feature or page operated by a third party.
You should also be aware that if you voluntarily disclose Personally Identifiable Information on message boards or in chat areas, that information can be viewed publicly and can be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge and may result in unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of Local Info.co.za and this policy.
Changes to this Policy
Local Info.co.za reserves the right to change this policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of our site following the posting of changes to these terms will mean you accept those changes. Information collected prior to the time any change is posted will be used according to the rules and laws that applied at the time the information was collected.
10 total views